Last weekend, while driving down a country road that was in its almost-ready-to-bloom phase, one of my favorite country songs came on the radio. I was reminded that country music is pretty much the only genre that ever references farmers and agricultural in a positive light (there are some non-country songs that do quite the opposite). While I don’t always listen to country music, I thought it might be fun to share some of my favorites related to agriculture. No doubt music is a significant part of our culture and a form of marketing in itself. So why not recognize that these songs portray farmers in a positive light?
So….without further ado, here’s my top 5 favorite country songs related to agriculture.
1. Rodney Atkins, “Farmer’s Daughter” (Really? Did you think I was going to pick something else?)
2. Jason Aldean, “Amarillo Sky”
3. Craig Morgan, “International Harvester”
4. Kenny Chesney, “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”
5. Luke Bryan, “Rain is a Good Thing”
Great list! I hope we won’t need Luke Bryan’s song, “Rain is a Good Thing” this year!! “Heartland” by George Straight is a good one too!
John Deere Green by Joe Diffie is one of my favorites even though I am a Case IH girl at heart!